JS-SP : JUNOS Space-Service Provider
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 0
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $700
- Exams: No Exam
This one-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and centrally manage network services within a service provider environment. Centralized management options offered by the Junos Space Services Activation Director Suite will be explored, including service provisioning, performance and fault management, and QoS management. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with the Junos Space applications Network Activate and Transport Activate. This course is based on Junos Space Release 13.1R1.6, and the Services Activation Director Suite Release 13.1R1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the purpose of the Security Director application.• Describe the Security Director workspaces.• Discuss how to manage SRX chassis clusters through the Security Director application.• Explain platform management and basic device configuration through the Security Director application.• Explain the policy workflow in the Security Director application.• Explain the purpose of firewall policies.• Configure firewall policies in the Security Director application.• Describe how to deploy firewall policies to managed security devices.• Describe how to manage VPNs.• Explain the purpose of NAT policies.• Describe how to configure NAT policies.• Describe how to use Change Control to request approval for firewall and NAT policy changes.• Explain how to manage application firewall profiles.• Explain how to manage IPS policies.• Discuss how to manage UTM policies.• Explain the purpose of Log Director.• Discuss the required components for a Log Director Deployment.• Explain the installation of Log Director.• Explain the Security Director event viewer.• Discuss how to generate alerts and notifications.• Explain how to generate reports.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Services Activation Director
• Services Activation Director Overview• Services Activation Director Applications
Chapter 3: Activating Network and Transport Services
• Network Activate Pre-Staging• Network Activate Services• Transport Activate• Case Study• Lab: Service Provisioning
Chapter 4: QoS Design
• QoS Design Overview• QoS Domains• QoS Design Configuration• QoS Design Deployment
Chapter 5: OAM Insight
• OAM Insight Overview• OAM Insight Service Provisioning• Lab: Managing Services
Appendix A: Sync Design
• Sync Design Overview• Sync Design Service Provisioning
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management and routing. Students should also attend the Junos Space Essentials (JSE), Junos Routing Essentials (JRE), and Junos MPLS and VPNs (JMV) courses prior to attending this class.