JSE- Junos Space Essentials
- Duration: 2 Days
- Test Level: Intermediate
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: USD 1600
- Exams: No Exam
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the Fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, navigating the administrative environment, monitoring the Fabric, performing schema updates, and using Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 15.1R2.11.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the need for Junos Space software.• Explain Junos Space architecture.• List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.• List the two different form factors available for Junos Space.• Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.• Explain how security is provided to Junos Space.• Explain how to use the Junos Space GUI.• Describe how Junos Space manages jobs.• Demonstrate user role differences within Junos Space.• Explain how to manage the Junos Space platform.• Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.• Edit device configurations.• List the purposes of network monitoring.• Describe the differences between Template Definitions and Templates.• Create and use templates and template definitions.• Create Quick Templates.• Create and deploy CLI Configlets.• Describe Automated Support and Prevention (ASAP) benefits.• Explain Service Now application processes.• Describe the Service Insight platform settings.• Describe multinode Junos Space deployment.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Space
• What Is Junos Space?• Junos Space Architecture• Junos Space Applications
Chapter 3: Junos Space Deployment
• Two Form Factors• Junos Space Initial Setup• Initial Setup of Primary Node• Junos Space Security• Junos Space GUI• Lab: Deploying Junos Space
Chapter 4: Platform Administration
• Job Management• Roles and Users• Platform Management• Lab: Platform Administration
Chapter 5: Device Management
• Discover and Manage Devices• Configure Devices• Monitor Network Devices• Lab: Network Management Platform
Chapter 6: Junos Space Templates
• Template Introduction• Create Template Definitions• Create and Apply Templates• Create and Apply Quick Templates• Create and Apply CLI Configlets• Lab: Configuring and Applying Templates
Chapter 7: Automated Support and Prevention
• Overview• Service Now• Service Insight• Lab: Automated Support and Prevention
Appendix A: Junos Space Fabric Deployment
• Junos Space Fabric Deployment• Lab: Deploying Junos Space in a Cluster
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, administration, and monitoring. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.