JRE : JUNOS Routing Essentials
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 0
- Certifications: JNCIA-JUNOS
- Price: $795.00
- Exams: JN0-101
This one-day course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters with Juniper Networks routing and switching technologies.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course to all routing and switching Juniper Networks platforms running the Junos OS.
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor static routing.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy.
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Describe the framework for firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters.
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
The primary audiences for this course are the following:
- Individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Routing Fundamentals
- Routing Concepts: Overview of Routing
- Routing Concepts: The Routing Table
- Routing Concepts: Routing Instances
- Static Routing
- Dynamic Routing
Chapter 3: Routing Policy
- Routing Policy Overview
- Case Study: Routing Policy
- Lab 2: Routing Policy
Chapter 4: Firewall Filters
- Firewall Filters Overview
- Case Study: Firewall Filters
- Unicast Reverse-Path-Forwarding Checks
Appendix A: Class of Service
- CoS Overview
- Traffic Classification
- Traffic Queuing
- Traffic Scheduling
- Case Study: CoS
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.