AJERT : Advanced JUNOS Enterprise Routing Troubleshooting
- Duration: 1 day
- Test Level: 1
- Certifications: No Certification
- Price: $795.00
- Exams: No Exam
This one-day course is designed to provide students with information about troubleshooting SRX Series hardware, the Junos operating system, and more obscure problems like packet loss and latency, interior gateway protocols, BGP, routing policy, multicast, and class of service. Students will gain experience in monitoring and troubleshooting these topics through demonstration as well as hands-on labs. The course exposes students to common troubleshooting commands and tools used to troubleshoot various intermediate to advanced issues.
This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R5.5.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Determine the right questions to ask when troubleshooting an issue.
- Identify general outputs and the type of information found in outputs.
- Simplify a complex network and recreate an issue in the lab environment.
- Describe packet loss in a network.
- List the general chassis components.
- Identify different methods for troubleshooting major chassis components.
- Troubleshoot redundant Routing Engine and Control Board communication.
- Isolate problems with interfaces.
- Troubleshoot IPv4 interfaces.
- Identify an issue with software and the process of events to recreate the issue.
- Define a problem report (PR) and identify relevant information contained in a PR.
- Find relevant topics within the Juniper Networks Knowledge Base.
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify various interior gateway protocol (IGP) * routing protocols.
- Isolate different IGP issues.
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify BGP.
- Isolate different issues with BGP communication and configuration.
- Isolate problems relating routing policy structure and configuration.
- Identify common commands for troubleshooting routing policy.
- Verify and troubleshoot multicast.
- Verify and troubleshoot class of service.
The primary audiences for this course are the following:
- Individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing Troubleshooting is an advanced-level course.
The following are the prerequisites for this course:
- Junos Troubleshooting in the NOC (JTNOC) and
- Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing (AJER)